Art, history and nature are intertwined in the municipality of Vigo di Cadore. From the art treasures preserved in the churches of the 5 hamlets, to the places that played a leading role in the Great War on Col Ciampon and Monte Tudaio, to the many hikes and bike rides, every moment spent here will be like the way the locals spend their time and leave you with precious memories.
The 14th-century church of St. Ursula, recognized as a national monument, is called the "Scrovegni Chapel of Cadore" because of the marvellous frescoes that decorate it both inside and on the exterior walls. This small treasure chest of art also houses other notable works, including a painting on canvas attributed to the famous Domenico Tintoretto.
Another place not to be missed, dating back to the 12th century, is the Church of Santa Margherita on the Solagna plateau.
Curiosities and tips
- The Cadorina Historical Library, founded in 1892 preserves ancient parchments, the "Laudi" and manuscripts on the history of Cadore
- Col Ciampon is a post used during the Great War at 1,050 metres above sea level
- Reach Casera Razzo to treat yourself to fabulous views of the surrounding peaks or to set off on various hikes