By car in one hour from Venice
It takes only one hour’s drive from Venice to Belluno on the A27 motorway. From the motorway exit, all the valleys from east to west and north to south can be reached in a short time by taking state and provincial roads. From Alpago to Comelico, from Cadore to Agordino, from Valbelluna to Feltrino, from Val di Zoldo to the various dolomite passes (Cereda, Valles, San Pellegrino, Fedaia, Pordoi, Campolongo, Val Parola, Cimabanche, Monte Croce Comelico, della Mauria, etc.) that connect it from east to west and from north, to south (San Boldo pass) in addition to the “internal” ones (Giau, Falzarego, Tre Croci, Staulanza, Duran, etc.) that can also be travelled by motorcycle.
on the motorway:
- from NORTH: from Bolzano-Trento-Verona A22 Brenner motorway, Trento exit, then continue on SS47 heading to Belluno
- from SOUTH: from the Venice A27 motorway and take the Belluno exit
- from the EAST: from Trieste: take the A4 Turin-Trieste motorway heading to Turin, continue on the A28 Portogruaro-Conegliano motorway heading to Sacile, continue on the A27 Venice-Belluno motorway heading to Belluno, take the Belluno exit
- from WEST: from Verona or Padua: A4 motorway heading to Trieste, continue on A27 Venice-Belluno heading to Belluno, get off at Belluno exit.
More information on the sites:www.autostrade.it | www.stradeanas.it | www.stradeanas.it
The road network in the province of Belluno is extensively covered by bus lines that also have routes to neighbouring provinces, with additional routes in winter to ski resorts and in summer to Adriatic seaside resorts.
With Dolomitibus, the Belluno urban and suburban line
Opposite the train station in Belluno, you can find the bus station with routes from outside the province to towns in the province served by Dolomitibus buses www.dolomitibus.it with information service operating on phone number +39 0437 941237 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. There are several connections of this local public transport company at the service of skiers (such as transportation on the Great War Tour) and tourists in Agordino and Cadore. These are ideal destinations for spending a day on the slopes or in the mountains getting about comfortably to the most beautiful resorts of the Dolomites. The ski areas of Marmolada, Civetta, San Pellegrino Pass, Falzarego - Tofane, Cristallo - Faloria and Misurina are all within reach by bus! The 24-hour Bus of the Dolomites ticket can also be downloaded from the App where you can activate the Tourist Guest Card for non-residents valid for 3 to 8 consecutive days without limits! Trenobus of the Dolomites is also the summer transport bus service for cyclists that connects transports from Venice, Vicenza and Padua on Saturdays and holidays. Additional discounts are provided for holders of the VenetoUnica pass, the Trenitalia and Dolomitibus card.
More info: Dolomitibus - 'APP
- Other bus lines connect the province with Trentino and l’Alto Adige.
- Special lines connect Cadore and Ampezzo with some major cities and airports (Venice, Bologna, Milan) www.cortinaexpress.it also in cooperation with Flixbus.
- A connection operated by Saf is also available for reaching Comelico
- In addition to Cortina d’Ampezzo the Agordino and Feltrino areas also have ATVO routes: ATVO
Nearest airports (Belluno):
- Venice Marco Polo: 109 km;
- Treviso Antonio Canova: 87 km;
- Verona Valerio Catullo: 219 km;
- Trieste Ronchi Dei Legionari;
Car rental services and special shuttle services are available at the airports.
Taxi stands are usually located at the exit of major train stations and bus stations. To get the number of the nearest taxi service, contact the nearest tourist office, the front desk of your hotel or the facility where you are staying.
In addition to at airports, here is how you can rent a car.
- Rental car
The Belluno station is located on the Padua - Calalzo Pieve di Cadore Cortina (Calalzo P.C.) line. Major destinations include Pieve di Cadore, Vittorio Veneto, Conegliano, Treviso, Castelfranco Veneto, Padua, and Venice-Mestre.
Assistance service for people with reduced mobility is provided at the station.
Transfers: The suburban buses of Dolomiti Bus depart in front of the square - bus station, while city buses stop on Via Dante nearby.