Picture-postcard scenery, warm welcome, excellent food and beverages. Arabba, a hamlet of the Belluno municipality of Livinallongo del Col di Lana and the main tourist centre of the Ladin-speaking area of Valle di Fodom, will enchant you both in winter, with its famous slopes and in summer, as a destination for hiking and leisure in the Dolomites.
If you love skiing, there is only one word to say: Sellaronda!
In fact, Arabba is part of Dolomiti Superski’s best-known ski tour package, the Sellaronda Ski Tour or Four Passes Ski Tour, which circles the Sella Massif.
Arabba, however, is not just about skiing. Arabba offers snowshoeing, ski touring, freeriding, snowmobile tours, and ice climbing in winter; hiking, iron roads, climbing, mountain biking, and road biking in warm weather. Choose the activity you prefer and enjoy the clean air, genuine excitement and light-hearted thoughts in this spectacular natural setting.
Valle di Fodom is rich in history and monuments that describe its past and culture such as the Old Mill in Arabba or the Military Memorial at the Pordoi Pass where you can discover the traces of the Great War in the Dolomites.
Curiosities and tips
- “Reba” is the original name of Arabba in the Ladin language.Typical Ladin cuisine is made up of dishes prepared with poor ingredients, but flavourful and tasty, thanks to the use of spices
- The development of tourism in Arabba and the other Ladin valleys began in the early 1900s with the construction of the Great Dolomites Road connecting Bolzano to Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Arabba is part of the Sellaronda Skiing Marathon: the most famous ski touring event in the Dolomites
- Sellaronda Bike Day: sports, nature and silence with two no-cars days: in spring and summer, the passes are closed to cars to allow road bikers to enjoy the Dolomites in full freedom #feelingfree
- Worth visiting: the Andraz Castle. Built in 1027, the Castle is the symbol of Valle di Fodom.