Suchen
Webcams
Logis
Informationen anfordern

Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Battuti

Valbelluna

Valbelluna
Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Battuti
Auf der Karte anzeigen
Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Battuti, Via Santa Maria dei Battuti - 32100 Belluno (BL) IT as-bl@beniculturali.it www.asbelluno.beniculturali.it//

Built at the beginning of the fourteenth century for the brotherhood of Battuti, two inscriptions recall the construction of the bell tower in 1415 and the completion of the building in 1441. Originally very rich in works of art (Alvise Vivarini, Paris Bordon, Carlo Caliari) dispersed after the suppression of 1806. The carved Gothic portal was transferred in 1893 to the church of S. Stefano.

Belonging to the State Archives of Belluno, the church of Santa Maria dei Battuti (early 14th century) was built as a place of worship of the adjacent Scuola dei Flagellanti. Over the centuries it was enriched with works of high artistic level, which, with the Napoleonic suppressions of the first decades of the nineteenth century, were dispersed, sold or transferred, as was the case for the beautiful altarpiece of Paris Bordon, now kept at the Bode Museum in Berlin.

A recent restoration has redeemed the church from two centuries of neglect, enhancing the large and bright nave with a balanced dialogue between ancient fifteenth
structures and contemporary service facilities. Designed for modern and flexible use, it is equipped with conference stage, seating, audio system, display cases, wiring system, lift, floor and wall heating, toilets and everything you need to propose the ancient building among the largest and most prestigious multifunctional rooms in the province of Belluno.

A small park of oaks delimits the church and is accessible exclusively from the conference room and the State Archives; from the belvedere you can enjoy a suggestive view over the Ardo valley. From the garden, it is possible to access - agreeing in advance the permission - the main complex of the State Archives (the ancient seat of the Brotherhood or School of Santa Maria dei Battuti). In the study room you can admire frescoes along the walls of the late fifteenth century, while the ceiling is decorated with 44 painted wooden tablets of small size, always datable towards the end of the fifteenth century. The excellent natural acoustics and the surrounding silence make the ancient church an excellent recording room for classical music concerts. Obtained from the aisle of the church and placed below the loft, it is also a square room particularly suitable for video projections and small meetings.


Bleiben Sie in Kontakt

Abonnieren Sie den Newsletter der Belluneser Dolomiten!
Sie erhalten Nachrichten, Informationen, Reiserouten, Ideen und Tipps für Ihren Urlaub zu jeder Jahreszeit.

Danke

Grazie: ti abbiamo inviato una mail per attivare la tua iscrizione e selezionare le tue preferenze se previsto.

Etwas ist schief gelaufen

Versuchen Sie es nochmal

Schließen

Zum Newsletter anmelden


Abbrechen
Schließen

Danke

Ihre Anfrage wurde korrekt übermittelt und wir werden Ihnen so schnell wie möglich antworten. Eine Kopie der von Ihnen angegebenen Daten wurde an Ihre E-Mail-Adresse geschickt.

Schließen

Informationen anfordern

Sie senden die Anfrage an: Belluneser Dolomiten


Schließen